Happy Book Day – WHEN GOOD WISHES GO BAD!
Today is my bookday! WHEN GOOD WISHES GO BAD is officially available in stores, both bricks-and-mortar and online, today! GOOD/BAD is the story of Becca Morris, a dramaturg at a prominent New York theater company. As a dramaturg, Becca is supposed to develop new plays, working with the actors and director to create brilliant, innovative shows. As a girlfriend, Becca is supposed to build a happy partnership with her boyfriend. As a person, Becca is supposed to better herself, striving for greater poise, social awareness, and understanding.
Unfortunately, Becca’s current production is derailed by threatened copyright litigation, her boyfriend goes on the lam, and her personal life is turned upside down by her sudden struggle to keep her job and find a home.
That’s when a brass lamp enters the picture. A brass lamp, with a wish-granting genie….
Here are five things that you should know about WHEN GOOD WISHES GO BAD:
1. It features guerilla gardening. Yes. Guerillas. Who garden. Really.
2. It features hideously disgusting flavors of popcorn, some of which were generated by responses to a long-ago blog post on this site.
3. It can be read absolutely, completely 100% independently of the first book in the As You Wish series. You don’t have to wait to read HOW NOT TO MAKE A WISH, to dig into Becca’s story.
4. This is one of my favorite books, ever, because Ryan is one of my favorite heroes ever. (I know I’m not supposed to play favorites, but sometimes…)
5. This was the first photo that I received, of WHEN GOOD WISHES GO BAD luxuriating in the home of a reader (Hi, Deb!):
To celebrate the launch, I’ve spiffed up the colors on my website – www.mindyklasky.com – and I’ve changed the format for my blog (if you’re reading this on a LiveJournal friends list, click through to see the pretty new design, or go here: http://mindyklasky.livejournal.com)
I hope that you have as wonderful a bookday as I’m having!