Weekends Fly So Fast
What?!? It’s already Monday!?!
I’m not quite sure where the weekend went. Let’s see…
- We had date night Friday night, with dinner at a lovely local restaurant (just a couple of blocks from the house), carefully chosen because we’d heard they had good food and they *weren’t* part of Restaurant Week, which was raging last week. My chorizo-stuffed dates were okay, my salmon with tomato jam on fingerling potatoes and baby zucchini was superb, and the home-made donuts were very good. The winner of the night, though, was Mark’s starter — risotto “Tater Tots”, with just the right amount of spice and a perfect texture!
- Got a pedicure with a close friend and her mother — lots and lots and lots of chatting and laughing.
- Wrote some more on PERFECT PITCH — I’m about 20% done, so far.
- Finished reading Anna Kendall’s (Nancy Kress’s) CROSSING OVER — lots of interesting stuff there, and I’m still thinking about the world she built.
- Started reading a draft book for a fellow BVC author, and I learned how to make notes on a text on my Kindle, which will help speed things up immensely.
- Watched some baseball, some Sopranos (Season 3), some Breaking Bad, some Newsroom. Okay — watched lots of T.V. But I got some knitting done, too. And a huge project I’ve been wrestling with for BVC, involving little thought but lots of fiddly online work.
I’m sure there’s more in there, but I’m blanking on what it is. Today is a writing day — more PERFECT PITCH. And I’m going to water aerobics — this is the last week, until next summer. Next summer. Where does the time go?!?
How about you? Did you do interesting weekend things?