Today’s a busy writing day — by the time I turn off the computer tonight, I’ll have completed the penultimate chapter in CATCHING HELL, bringing my poor, unsuspecting hero and heroine up to their Black Moment.
In the meantime, I have a few random thoughts:
- I should go back to Target today and buy more of the $2 socks they have on sale, because the grey ones with cream polka dots that I’m wearing this morning are really quite comfy and warm and fun, and there’s going to be a whole winter full of cold days when I want my toes to be comfy and warm and, um, fun.
- I love my Kindle Paperwhite (purchased with birthday money – yay!), but it’s not the best tool for taking notes on a friend’s very long manuscript.
- When it’s still as dark as midnight at 7:30 a.m., and rain is falling, and a cat is sitting on your lap to steal all your warmths, it really seems like the better course of wisdom is going back to bed. (But see first sentence of this post…)
- That pork tenderloin left over in the fridge, and the multi-grain pilaf that was so yummy two nights ago will probably be better as a stir-fry for dinner tonight.
- Go Red Sox! (But I won’t be able to pay as much serious attention to the game tonight, because my father called me yesterday to let me know that he thinks David Ross looks like a schnauzer. Woof!)
Have good days, all. Me? I’m going to drink more tea and shift into writing mode.