Intellectual Property Boot Camp
The Intellectual Property Boot Camp for Writers is an intensive online course, designed to teach traditional-, self-published, and hybrid authors everything they need to know about United States copyright law, trademark law, and related topics. Each lesson consists of detailed written instruction, with ample opportunity for each participant to ask questions in a Secret group on Facebook. At the conclusion of the session, students will continue to have access to the group for a minimum of one year. Specific lessons include:
- Copyrights: Definition and Notice
- Copyrights: Registration
- Copyrights: Direct Infringement (Piracy)
- Copyrights: Indirect Infringement (Derivative Works)
- Copyrights: Using Others’ Copyrighted Work
- Copyrights: Fan Fiction
- Trademarks: Definition, Jurisdiction, and Notice
- Trademarks: Use in Fiction
- Related Topics: Trade Dress
- Related Topics: Book Cover Design
- Related Topics: Pseudonyms
- Related Topics: Co-Authors
- Related Topics: Estate Planning
- Course materials include sample takedown notices, cease and desist letters, and contract terms.
Please note this course only covers United States law. Mindy is a lawyer, but nothing in this class constitutes legal advice for any student’s specific legal circumstances.
No Intellectual Property Boot Camp for Writers is currently scheduled. If you are interested in attending the next session, please contact Mindy to add your name to the list!
Love may be blind, but making this relationship work is a real eye-opener!
Plus-size Amber Bergen thinks dating apps are a waste of time. Vampire Trevor Keene never imagined he’d be matched with his best friend’s little sister. But one kiss later, this life-long friendship is changing into something more…